Monday, August 30, 2010

That's some Hot S***!

I cooked a chicken dish from the Metro newspaper on Sunday. (I guess Metro doesn't keep old issues on hand so I don't have a link to the recipe. I can scan and send by request if it comes to that.

One of the ingredients was 1 tsp of hot sauce.

Fiancee nor I go out of our way to make food spicy so I don't keep a bottle of the stuff on hand. What I did have though was a packet of the chinese food take out hot sauce so I used that. Just 1 packet.

Well let me tell you, that 1 packet was super flavorful but damn! It packed a punch for us who aren't into spicy foods.

Next time I make this I'll be sure to use only 1/2 the packet but I will be making this again. In spite of being super spicy and the fact that I'm scared to have it again for lunch today, it was yummy. (My throat burned all night after eating this.)

I also learned that if you make a stir fry dish it's a good idea to lightly coat the protein in flour prior to browning. This gives the sauce something to grab on to.

No comments:

Post a Comment