Friday, August 13, 2010

"Let them eat cake"


The neighbor of a coworker of mine works for a company which brings Cheesecake Factory Bakery® cakes to us Canadians. The neighbor works for a company call Dream Factory®. (This kind of sounds like a friend of a friend story doesn't it? Well I assure you that this is for real. Of course if anyone who reads this passes the news along it really will sound like a friend of a friend who may or may not exist story. Huh.)

Anyways, looking at the picture above it's obvious we all liked the sampler that was provided for us. It was my first time trying a cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory Bakery® and I was pretty impressed.

The cakes were all very silky smooth. They came in a variety of flavors that were incredibly spot on. When I tried to caramel cake it actually tasted like caramel. Not butterscotch or burnt sugar. Actual caramel. I was really surprised by how much flavor each cake had and how well they were incorporated. It didn't taste artificial like a powder or extract, it tasted exactly as advertised. The only thing I didn't like was that I thought the cakes were too sweet since I don't have much of a sweet tooth but that still didn't stop me from enjoying the spread and going back for a bit more of the Godiva® Double Chocolate Cheesecake.

We didn't try all the cakes and flavors but here are the ones that were offered.

Godiva® Double Chocolate Cheesecake
Very, very rich. If you have this cheesecake you're going to want just a bit. The texture is like a smooth mousse, but it's heavier because of the cheese. The taste is a chocoholic's fantasy made real. Even though it's sweet the flavor of the chocolate is not compromised and comes through like a 70% cocoa chocolate bar. I think this was my favorite since I was in a very choco mood that day.


Vanilla Bean Cheesecake 

Who says vanilla is plain? This cheesecake was smooth, rich and creamy. It tasted like the offspring of Mr. vanilla bean ice cream and Mrs. cheesecake. It was heavily speckled with vanilla bean showing off that it's authentic vanilla bean goodness. If you want boring vanilla go look somewhere else.


Tuxedo Mousse
If double chocolate isn't your thing I'd recommend the Tuxedo Mousse. This cake is a bit lighter and less sweet since it's got some sponge cake and mousse. The bottom layer is rich and moist chocolate sponge followed by a velvety chocolate cheesecake layer. On top of that there's a neutral cream layer which ties in just right with the cheesecake and sponge to make a nicely balanced cake that's lighter than cheesecake but heavier than a sponge cake.

Cheesecake
Berry White™ 
This was the office favorite; white chocolate raspberry. I'm not a berry fan but I've got to give my kudos. The raspberry color was very pretty with the white chocolate cake. The familiar velvety smooth texture was there and the raspberry coolie swirled into the cake was seed free. I hate getting desserts that have the berry seeds still in them.

 
Dulce de Leche 
This was a caramel flavored cheesecake which I found surprising since it can be difficult to properly flavor a baked good like caramel. I love the taste of caramel but caramel goods I eat usually taste like butterscotch or burnt sugar. This cheesecake was perfect caramel through and through. It is quite sweet but the flavor is great and the texture is wonderfully smooth.

If you're interested in ordering your own cheesecakes you can call (416) 623-8226 or stop by their store at 644 Millway Ave., #10, Concord ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment