Sunday, August 15, 2010

All Hail the Muffin!



I baked peach muffins using a modified version of this recipe. Super moist, fluffy and yummy!

  • Firstly I made 1/2 the amount so all my ingredients were cut in half
  • Used brown sugar instead of white
  • Canola oil instead of vegetable (that's all I usually keep around)
  • Added just a wee bit of milk while combining the dry and wet ingredients since it was very thick and the mixer couldn't keep up.
  • Sprinkled some turbinado sugar to the tops for some extra crunch
I only have one muffin tray and it makes little cakes more than it makes muffins. Although half the recipe should have yielded 8 muffins it make only 6 muffins using my tray.

If you end up having some uncooked batter around the peaches when your done baking it might be because you used too much milk. Use very little, because once the peaches are folded in the batter does become looser from the juices.

To peel the peaches I just stuck all of them in a pot and poured boiling water over them. I then shocked them under cold water in the sink. The skins came right off. They looked so pretty I took a picture of them.

These naked peaches have nothing to hide. I especially loved how the color from the skins stayed on the peach even after they were peeled. These would look so pretty chopped up with some vanilla bean ice cream. Mmmm..... I do have a few peaches left....

No comments:

Post a Comment